It’s been very hard month for me, I had a lot of work, personal issues and right now I feel like my life somehow is messed up. I’ve pushed myself too hard… It’s good that I’ve stopped and reflected what is wrong.
I was shocked how many things I’ve just skipped in my life just because I was too busy and had a lot of stuff to do. I took few days off at work to take care of myself and it really helped. I had time to sleep, read, eat what I like, talk to people I love, go for a walk and clear my mind, meditate, clean up, listen to music, workout, pamper myself, watch movies and write.
I believe that mental health is very important and that every person should be in touch with their emotions. That’s why I felt terrible last month because I had no “me time” . Sometimes people simply don’t have time to reflect on their mental state, that’s why I thought it would be helpful to write what I experienced and how I noticed that I’m a mess. I hope it’s going to help some of you to just stop and reflect on your routine.
Here are few signs you might be pushing yourself too hard as well.
- You feel exhausted and sleepy or maybe you even battling insomnia.
- You have cold or flu, it comes and goes.
- You feel like everything you do is out of your control.
- You find yourself isolated from others and you don’t want to participate in any social activities.
- Not doing things you usually enjoy, or not enjoying them anymore.
- You feel more fussy, anxious, stressed and angry than ever.
- You forget thing quickly and your short time memory is failing.
- You don’t care of yourself as you used to.
- Your eating habits changed.
- Your home is messy.
- You feel sad for no serious reason.
- You find yourself regretting things from the past.
This is mainly what I experienced but I believe that it works differently for each person. So I ask you to leave a comment how do you know that you push yourself too hard and it’s time for a break? How do you recharge? Maybe you’ll help someone from burning out just with your comment.
Thank you for reading.